Monthly Branch Walks - 2014

Latest news of forthcoming walks.

Monthly Branch Walks - 2014

Postby Dolly » Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 am

MONTHLY BRANCH WALKS - 2014

E A S T B O U R N E - Monthly walk on the first Saturday of the month.
HAMPDEN PARK, EASTBOURNE, BN22 9QR - Walk commences @ 14:00 October through April and @ 17:00 May through September.
Meeting point is by the café where the walk starts and finishes.
The Eastbourne walk is run by Chris & Jayne who can be contacted by email on candjosman@aol.com or phone 01323 640387.

B R I G H T O N - Monthly walk on the second Sunday of the month.
We walk at Mile Oak Farm in Portslade from June through to November, and at Stanmer Park in Brighton from December through to May.
MILE OAK FARM, PORTSLADE, EAST SUSSEX, BN41 2RF - Walk commences @ 11:00 all year round.
We meet in the lane by the farm shop, and we are straight out on to the Downs from the farm.
Situated just north of the A27 (Shoreham Bypass) and just to the east of the A27 tunnel, but there is no exit from the bypass. You get to the farm by approaching through Mile Oak and entering the farm on the Mile Oak Road - There is a tunnel under the A27 leading to the farm.
We finish the walk at the small tea room where you can watch the various farm animals wandering around - Chickens, ducks, peacocks, goats and donkeys - A truly lovely place.
STANMER PARK, STANMER, BRIGHTON, BN1 9QA - Walk commences @ 11:00 all year round.
Meeting point is the green at the front of Stanmer House by the pond. There are a few small car parks as you approach the house but the nearest to the meeting point is the Church car park - Follow the road round to the right past the house and church and it's on the left when you reach the pond. Please do not park on the road or grass verges - If the park car parks are full, then there are two at the bottom of the park by the entrance. There is also a small amount of parking on the road leading to the café.
There is usually a choice of walk at this location - Dolly does a more active walk either round the park or heads out on to the Downs, and Sue does a stroll through Stanmer Farm for those of you who want to take advantage of a more leisurely amble. Both walks meet up and finish at the cafe which is convenient for a coffee/snack afterwards.
The Brighton walk is run by Dolly who can be contacted by email on dollyshew@hotmail.com or mobile 07889 751271.

H A S T I N G S - Monthly walk on the second Sunday of the month.
ALEXANDRA PARK CAFE, HASTINGS, TN34 2LD - Walk commences @ 14:00 all year round.
Meeting point is the Alexandra Park Café where the walk starts and finishes.
There is plenty of free parking either in Lower Park Road or in Dordrecht Way.
The Hastings walk is run by Jean-Michel who can be contacted by email on jm.chevalier@hotmail.co.uk or mobile 07546 746596.

B E X H I L L - Monthly walk on the third Saturday of the month.
SOVEREIGN LIGHT CAFE, WEST PARADE, BEXHILL, TN39 3DX - Walk commences @ 14:00 October through April and @ 17:00 May through September.
The walk will follow a circular route around The Polegrove and Egerton Park, starting and finishing at The Sovereign Light Café.
The Bexhill walk is run by Mike and Wendy who can be contacted by email on greyhounds.bexhill@sky.com or phone 01424 736888.

A S H D O W N F O R E S T - Monthly walk on the fourth Sunday of the month.
DUDDLESWELL TEA ROOMS, ASHDOWN FOREST, TN22 3BH - Walk commences @ 10:30 all year round.
The walk will start from the car park which is opposite the tea rooms where we finish our walk and have refreshments.
The B2026 is a very busy road so please take care when entering and leaving the car park, and whilst crossing the road.
The Ashdown Forest walk is run by Gaynor who can be contacted by email on gaynorkendall@btinternet.com or mobile 07719 737729.

W O R T H I N G - Monthly walk on the fourth Sunday of the month.
We walk at Highdown Hill from April through to September, and at Ferring Rife from October through to March.
HIGHDOWN HILL, LITTLEHAMPTON ROAD, GORING BY SEA, BN12 6PG - Walk commences @ 10:30 all year round.
The walk starts and finishes at the upper Highdown Hill car park. Highdown Hill is situated between Ferring and Goring By Sea - Vehicle access is from the A259, west of Northbrook College and the A2032. Access is only from the east bound (north side) of the dual carriageway. Approaching from Worthing or the east means going past Highdown to the first roundabout to do a U-turn. There are car parks at the bottom of the hill or at the top of the hill near garden entrance - We are meeting at the top car park, next to the gardens. There is a tea room, next to the adjacent gardens.
THE STRAND, FERRING, WORTHING, BN12 5QX - Walk commences @ 10:30 all year round.
Meeting at the car park next to the Bluebird Cafe, for a walk around Ferring Rife - The route will be up to the Ferring Country Park and back.
The Worthing walk is run by Sharon who can be contacted by email on sharon.nightingale2@ntlworld.com or phone 07933 402277.

Dates of our walks can be found in our forthcoming events section on our website :-
http://www.retiredgreyhounds.info/calen ... endar.html

xDx
Dolly
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Greyhounds: Freddy (AKA The Hooligan) Gone but forever in my heart.
My boys :
Dino (AKA Dinky because he's a Whippet).
Charlie (AKA The Earth Excavator).

Return to Walkies